1) You are allowed to take up space. You are a human.
2) You are allowed to have a voice.
3) You are allowed to leave whenever you feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
4) You deserve more than someone who doesn’t know how to respect you.
5) You are allowed to put your own needs first.
6) You are allowed to love yourself.
I am starting to struggle somewhat. that can’t be denied any longer - I do so want to pretend to myself that I feel happy and secure in my friendships, on my course, and in myself, but I think lying about that feels worse than just accepting it.
n. the awareness of the smallness of your perspective, by which you couldn’t possibly draw any meaningful conclusions at all, about the world or the past or the complexities of culture, because although your life is an epic and unrepeatable anecdote, it still only has a sample size of one, and may end up being the control for a much wilder experiment happening in the next room.
thank you anon (: I feel like I’m almost making peace with how I look - but who knows, maybe I will have one in the end. either way though, thank you, it’s nice to know there are people who won’t judge.